Cake Flavours at Jen's House of Cakes
All our cakes are lovingly handmade in-house. Baked fresh to order, with the finest ingredients, to create a cake that tastes as good as it looks. Free range eggs are always used and you can be assured that your cake will be baked as close to your event as possible to ensure maximum freshness, except rich fruit cakes which are baked 2-3 months in advance to allow sufficient time to mature.
Cakes are available in a wide variety of flavours:
- Vanilla Sponge - a light victoria sponge, flavoured with Madagascan vanilla, filled with seedless raspberry jam & a smooth vanilla buttercream
- Chocolate Cake - chocolate sponge layered with chocolate buttercream
- Salted Caramel - flavoured sponge cake with a matching buttercream
- Zesty Lemon - a light sponge studded with fresh lemon zest and filled with lemon curd buttercream
- Zesty Orange - a light sponge studded with fresh orange zest and filled with an orange buttercream
- Baileys -a delicious grown up twist on a traditional sponge, drizzled with Baileys and filled with Baileys buttercream
- Almond - made with ground almonds and filled with an Amaretto or Almond flavoured buttercream
- Chocolate Orange - a moist chocolate cake flavoured with fresh orange zest and filled with a chocolate orange buttercream
- Chocolate Mint - a moist chocolate cake flavoured with mint extract and filled with a chocolate mint buttercream
- Red Velvet Cake - an American twist on the usual chocolate cake filled with a smooth vanilla buttercream
- Coconut - a moist coconut sponge filled with raspberry jam and a coconut buttercream
- Chocolate Mud Cake - a dense, rich chocolate cake filled with a delicious chocolate ganache
- Carrot Cake - a moist carrot cake packed full of raisins and tangy citrus zests, filled with a light orange buttercream
- Battenburg - alternate layers of pink and yellow vanilla sponge, layered with buttercream. Covered in marzipan and sugarpaste
- Rich Fruit Cake - full of plump, juicy dried fruits and cherries that have been generously soaked in Brandy. Covered in marzipan and sugarpaste. (This can be made with or without the following ingredients: cherries, nuts and mixed peel - please mention when ordering. 2-3 months notice is needed for fruit cakes to allow them plenty of time to mature).
If nothing on this list tempts you or you have something else in mind we are happy to create variations from our collection or create an entirely new and unique flavour for your special occasion. For example - turning our Chocolate Cake into a Black Forest Cake by adding cherries and jam.
Cake Fillings & Coverings
Cakes can be filled with a wide variety of fillings, from simple jam and buttercream to rich chocolate ganache. Specific customer requests can be used, subject to availability and Health and Safety Regulations. (Please Note: I prefer not to use fresh cream due to storage issues relating to Health & Safety).
Cakes can also be covered in a wide variety of coatings; sugarpaste, chocolate, chocolate paste chocolate ganache or buttercream to name the most popular.
Fruit cakes are usually covered with marzipan and sugarpaste to create a lovely smooth finish and help to keep the cake fresher for longer.
Popular choices include: (please note only 1 flavour can be chosen for a box of 12 cupcakes)
- Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream
- Bailey’s Cupcakes with Bailey’s Buttercream
- Zesty Orange Cupcakes with Orange Buttercream
- Zesty Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Curd Buttercream
- Chocolate Orange Cupcakes with Choc Orange Buttercream
If you would like a flavour of cake or icing that is not listed here please Email Jen as other combinations can happily be discussed.
* Important Allergy Note
Unfortunately, we do not currently offer a "Free From" range. However, a list of allergens can be made available upon request.